Saturday, April 12, 2008

Social networks

So far MySpace, Facebook haven't appealed to me. I wanted to see hpw they worked without joining myself and have considered asking my sister for her login details so I could have alook around before putting up my profile. I guess I am a private kind of person.

However the applications for libraries are great, especially to appeal to the younger (future) library users. First it would need to be "cool" to have a library as your "friend"....

Seb Chan's article too hard to read late at night...

I had heard of second life but never thought libraries would be part of it too, that's great.

I will do the survey and congratulate myself on finishing. Perhaps I can go back and do some of the "adventure" activities to further my learning. Thanks to the State Library for putting together this course, I now feel more knowledgeable about some of the new technologies and will use some of the websites I have discovered in this course.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on finishing the course and glad you enjoyed some of it.

Pat