Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mashups

I was working on the Ref desk yesterday and it was fairly quiet so when i had the chance I had a good look at the links provided.


Bighugelabs looks great, could be easy to produce more professional looking signs eg Fiction A-C, Gardening etc or for brochures. Lots of great uses for outside of work too, I will return to this site


This is a picture of my daughter at 2 days old. It only took a few minutes to create this poster




Google maps was also great.


I liked Keir Clarke's blog and links to famous destinations (Ipswich city square?!) and journeys. About as close as I will get to travelling for a while! Great for lerning, see the place and watch a video. I will show my daughter the Uluru video http://homepage.ntlworld.com/keir.clarke/uluru.htm


Star viewer is also a great idea.


I work in an area with a fair bit of interesting local history so could see this being useful- have a map of a tourist walk with information on sites along the way.

Wow only 2 more modules to go! I think I can finish up for tonight.

2 comments:

Jalen said...

Know what? You can now give out a 2009 calendar with your baby's photo in it. That's what my daughter did for 2008 calendar. It's now in front of my fridge.

Total girl 101 said...

Thanks Jalen. My daughter is now 2 1/2 but it would be a great way to make cards, calendars etc.